Here are the health benefit of mackerel fish
1. It is heart friendly: Eating oily fish packed with omega3 fatty acid (the good fat) helps reduce your risk for cardiovascular diseases, and decrease unhealthy fat in your blood vessels, thus keeping you away from blood vessel diseases.
2. Lowers blood pressure: Hypertension can lead to stroke and diet is key to controlling blood pressure. Mackerel contains potassium a mineral that helps lower blood pressure by balancing the negative effect excessive salt intake has on blood pressure, thereby preventing diseases associated with an elevated blood pressure.
3. Improve arthritic symptoms: Adding mackerel to your diet as an arthritic patient goes a long way as it’s anti-inflammatory properties helps soothe inflamed joints decreasing pain and stiffness, helping you manage your condition better. Studies have shown that Omega 3 fatty acid helps improve joint health.
4. Lowers bad cholesterol: The fish oil found in mackerel helps increase high-density lipoprotein (good cholesterol) and lowers low-density lipoprotein (bad cholesterol).
5. Helps boost your immune system: Eating mackerel is a way to give your immune system a boost as it contains essential vitamins and minerals that the body needs to function properly.
6. Improves mental health: Omega3 fatty acid found in mackerel has a positive effect on depression, anxiety, and cognition if consumed in large amounts. As reported by LifeExtention- The [evidence] is becoming quite compelling that increasing omega-3 fatty intake enhances many aspects of brain function, including the control of mood and aspects of personality,” Brian M. Ross, MD, Associate Professor of Medicine, Chemistry and Public Health at the Northern Ontario School of Medicine of Lakehead University, tells Life Extension’.
Mention Otutu Online Shopping in Nigeria when calling seller to get a good deal